Friday, June 5, 2015

The Roof is Off

After three and a half days of dismantling, all the roof from the shearing shed is down. All the decent pieces of tin have been removed to our paddock and the piles of useful timber remain on site to be denailed, trimmed and then driven home.
Removing the shearing plant remains a challenge. It was working well when the shed ceased to be used about thirty years ago. Michelle will be using an electric handpiece to shear our sheep so the plant would only be decorative and suitably authentic. I am going to try to bring down two plants and the flywheel in one piece. However today's efforts ended with the crowbar flying back into my face and chipping my tooth. Having been so careful with all the flapping tin and timber balanced over my head it was a bit of a smack in the face!
Next time I go out there I hope to have the chain saw back from the repair shop as it could prove very handy in dropping the final posts and maybe cutting up some post for firewood.  
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment